Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Fruit Bazooka!

Northern Brewer's Fruit Bazooka extract kit.

Jed and I brewed this in February, the same day as the German Lager. Good times.






1lb rolled oats (in a boat)
6 lb pilsen LME (60 min)
2lbs plisen DME (15 min)
1lb wheat DME (15 min)

Hop Stand 30 min
1oz, Mosaic
1oz Citra
1oz Equakot
1oz Azarcca

Stick in the snow bank to chill.

OYL 200 Tropical IPA @ 76f

Dry hop during fermentation
1oz, Mosaic
1oz Equakot

Dry hop 5-7 days before packaging
1oz Citra
1oz Azarcca

Brewed: 02/22/2019
Racked: 03/02/2019
Packaged: 04/15/2019

Fresh IPA.

This was much better fresh. Or maybe the sweetness of the beer had a hard time competing with the dryness of the lagers I had on tap this spring. Still, a good beer. The aroma, 4 months in, is still fruity but not overpowering. The beer is sweet, cut slightly by the bitterness but maybe under attenuated. It's really a one and done beer. Maybe two. Interesting, not bitter like a west coast IPA but not an east cost, hazy IPA either. (Mrs. Brew North's fav.)

I've made better Azaracca/ Citra beers. Jerrylo is a good one too. I think I prefer the malt bill of a pale ale rather than a stronger IPA. Light and refreshing are two qualities that keep me coming back to a beer, not that an IPA needs to be that, I just miss them from time to time.

- Brew North

No comments:

Post a Comment